Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Butterfly



1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

There is a theory in the science world called the “butterfly effect.” This theory says that the slight movement of the butterfly’s wings can affect the atmosphere in a series of motions that can lead to big results. Example? They claim that a butterfly flapping its wings can cause swirls of wind, that leads to other swirls of wind, and hundreds of miles away, it can lead to a violent storm.

So what am I getting at? Do you ever feel like you are just a tiny, insignificant creature in a giant universe, and nothing you are doing is changing anything, anywhere? Do you feel like you pour into someone day in and day out, pray for them, fast for them, believe God for them, and never see any results? I’m telling you, don’t get disheartened. You are working for the Kingdom of God, and you are sowing those seeds to the kingdom. You may not see the results. The results of your prayers may happen hundreds of miles away. Or even in another country. But God is taking notice.

I remember at Christmas one year, we had a Christmas party for the children. We had them all write a short note on a slip of paper for each person there, and put it in a bag to be picked up at the end of the party. When it was over, we were so exhausted, and still had to clean up. We were really just scraping bottom, if you know what I mean. I started reading the notes in my bag, and came across one, and I felt the presence of God come over me. It was like God Himself wrote it. What did it say?

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

One of the children had written this on my paper. But what an encouragement. Keep going! Keep doing! Keep praying! You may not see the results, but they are there!

No comments: