Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Focus









God gave me a word, several months ago, and when He spoke it to me, I felt like I needed to write it in big letters, and put it on my refrigerator.  He said, “Focus on the Positive, Praise Me for the good.” 

These words came to me during a time when all I could think about, was the bad.  You know what I mean.  Sometimes, we get so preoccupied with something, it absolutely overwhelms our lives!

This is where I was living. I was not backslid.  I was praying every day.  I was at church every service.  But all I could think about, was the turmoil I felt in my heart. I was almost in mourning!  But God showed me, that the way I was living, was in a state of oppression.  The enemy was taking over.  I was no good to anybody in that condition.  So I did as I was told, and I wrote “Focus on the Positive, Praise Me for the Good” and put it on the fridge.  And every time I noticed my mind trying to run away, I remembered these words.  God wants us to focus on Him.  When we pray, He is our focus. When we worship, He is our focus. When we study, He is our focus.  But now, God was telling me, He is to be my focus, in the good times and the bad.  On the mountain, and in the valley.  If you only shout victory when the battle is won, you are missing a great blessing that the Lord has for you. 

Try putting the Lord as your focus, no matter what you are doing. If you are mopping, ironing, driving, or making lunch. If you are driving a tractor, or hammering, or running a machine in a factory, stay in the presence of God.  He was to bring you deeper.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I thank you for every mountain, and for every valley.
I thank you that you are always there to guide my every step.
I thank you for the many blessings I see every day,
And for all those I may never see. 

Help me to put you center in my life.
I want my focus to be Jesus Christ.
Remind me of your presence throughout my day.
I love You, and can’t wait to know You more!

No comments: