Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hugs for Him!





Why do we lift our hands?

I was not raised in a church where people raised their hands. The first time I encountered this was when I was 19 years old. I went to a pentecostal church for the first time. I did not get saved that night, but God certainly had my number. I came back the next night and cried the whole service. Needless to say, I gave my heart to God that night. I was very eager to learn everything I could! I remember asking my husband about people raising their hands. I understand now. If you have always done something, and then one way someone asks you why, it might be hard to put it in words. So I thought I would tackle this question now that I know more about it.

We teach the children, raising your hands is an expression of your love to God. Simply put, it is like giving God a hug. We hug our children because we want them to feel our love for them. We raise our hands for the same reason. We want God to know our love for Him.

When do you raise your hands? How do you know when its a good time? Every time you think about it, do it! You can never show God too much love!

Psalm 63:4 KJV
Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

No comments: