Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

All about Him

2 Samuel 22:32-37 KJV

For who is God, save the Lord? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places. He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.


When we find ourselves in those slippery places of temptation, it is important to understand that the power to stand does not come from us. I love the song that says, "I am weak but thou art strong!" It is not my strength. Its not about me! Why is it that we believe it has to be God and only God through Jesus that saves us. But then we start changing our beliefs somewhere down the road to a salvation based on our own strength.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Its Him. It always has been Him. It will always be Him. Don't rely on your own strength. Don't base your spirituality on the strength you feel. Its not about you. Its about faith. Trust in His strength and stop trying to walk alone.

No comments: