Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Have You Lost Your First Love?

Rev 2:4  Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

Rev 2:5  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Rev 2:6  But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

Rev 2:7  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.


It's easy in this day and hour to lose your first love. Who is your first love? It's not your husband or boyfriend. Not even your mom or dad. It is 'Psa 144:2  My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust;who subdueth my people under me.' God loved you before your mom knew of you. God loved you as Jesus was born. God loved you every step up Golgatha. God loved you with every drop of blood. And God loves you today!


So how do we lose our first love, if all that is true? It's not the love of God that's lost. It is us. Our part. You can love somebody with all your heart, treat them like gold, and shower them with gifts, but you can never MAKE someone love you. I'm sure we all know of friends who were madly in love with someone, only to find the love not returned, and the relationship over. It's devastating to love and not be loved.


But with God there is always hope. Just the fAct that you are reading this shows you have a hunger. A desire to love again. Our Father is different from others we have loved. He won't leave once he knows you don't care. You will never wake up one day and ask yourself, 'I wonder what ever happened to God? I sure loved Him at one time. May I was too quick to walk away.'


Every time you think of Him, He's there.
Every word you speak to Him, he hears.
Every time you love Him, he loves you too.

Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.


Every time we walk away, he stands there waiting for us to return. Don't you want to go back? Doesn't your soul long to be loved, and to love, more than you crave your next breath? It's not a mate you need, not a pet or a kid. Your soul was created to love God. You were built to worship. 

So turn around today. Just take a step. Talk to Him. Find your Bible. Turn on some worship music and just love Him for a few minutes. It's life-changing!

To read your bible: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3&version=KJV
To find a worship song:  http://youtu.be/4X1oXytLKW8
To talk to Him, just open your mouth and begin. . . .

No comments: