Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Why Fear Things, When Our God Is Bigger!


2 Timothy 1:7
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. "

When I was a little girl, I would always be afraid of Monsters in my closet, or things creeping in the dark. Then my Mother would tell me that when I was afraid, to say this verse over and over again, and my fear would go away. And you know what? It did. Sometimes in our lives we fear things that are unnecessary. Our God is bigger than any "Monster in the closet" or any drug addiction, or any hardship that you may be going through in your life. God has not given us the spirit of fear. He never intended for us to fear anything but himself. He gave us the spirit of power  and love, and a sound mind. Which means he never wants us to worry. Because in His hands, all things are possible, and if you just depend on Him, He will take care of all of your needs.  Our Father always has us in mind. He will check the closet for monsters and he will help you when you think no one cares. God loves you, always has, and always will. So next time you have any worry or trouble or tribulation, remember, God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

No comments: